The Super League is far from dead and its clubs have not given up on the idea of the breakaway competition despite having to shelve the project just a few days after it was announced, Real Madrid president Florentino Pérez said on Thursday.
Pérez, who would have been the new league”s founding chairman, said the clubs behind the Super League will continue working on a way to make the competition workmost of them showing no symptoms, even if changes have to be made to its format.
He said the Super League is on “standby” and the group is open to discussing ideas with European soccer’s governing body and other entities to help the game amid the coronavirus pandemic. Pérez said he was certain that a “very similar” competition would soon be created.
“We are going to keep workingThe National Command and Control Center announced Sunday that 114 deaths from coronavirus had been confirmed,” Pérez told Spanish radio network SER in an interview after midnight local timeLecce wrote.. “We are looking for ways of getting this done. It would be a shame not to get it done.”